A Step 4 Reading and Training graded reader, retold by Jane Elizabeth Cammack. A power-hungry Richard III, a remorseful Macbeth, a revengeful Prince Hamlet, a powerful Julius Caesar, and a ruthless and ambitious King Henry V: various aspects of power and ambition feature in these five stories based on plays by William Shakespeare.
This reader uses the EXPANSIVE READING approach, where the text
becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text.
As well as the text, written in British English, this reader contains:
• An introduction about Shakespeare and his life
• A wide range of interactive activities covering the four skills
• Dossiers: The Influences on Shakespeare’s Plays and others
• FCE-style activities and Trinity-style activities (Grades 7/8)
• A full recording of the text