A Step 3 Reading and Training graded reader, retold by Jennifer Gascoigne. Varying aspects of love feature in these five stories based on plays by Shakespeare – love and marriage, young love, romantic love, jealous love and passionate love. Some of the characters find happiness while for others love brings only misery and pain.
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story, this reader contains:
• An introduction about Shakespeare and his life
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• Dossiers: Courtship and Marriage in Elizabethan Times and others
• PET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 5)
• A full recording of the text